So, since it has been officially two months from our latest update, I guess it's about time we share our latest and greatest. First, our house is coming along nicely - we love the color - definitely the cheeriest house in the neighborhood with the yellow siding, white accents and the blue shutters (the neighbors all have grey and brown). The house is painted inside and we have cabinets and some flooring. We have our walk through on June 25th and close on August 1st. Time sure has gone super quick! We are really excited and it is starting to feel real :). Brings back a lot of memories helping my dad on the job site. And I have to say - his quality was much better than what we are seeing .... But, we were happy to hear from the pre-drywall inspector that our builder is one of the best in the area and the work he saw in our home was their better work. I guess being a cabinet maker's daughter and Jim being a former construction worker we may be a bit of construction snobs :).

We are still doing some of our local traveling - this pic is in DC - there is an outdoor sculpture garden on the mall. One of my favorite artists - Rodin's sculpture is behind us. This is one of his larger renditions of one of the pieces that makes up his "Gates of Hell" work.

In addition, Jim is teaching me how to golf. There is a driving range near our apartment and we make it there at least once a week. He is a good teacher. In addition, I have had a lesson from a golf pro at the driving range we go to. Very helpful - but still I will need a lot of practice :). At least I like my cute golf shoes :).

No comments:
Post a Comment