Instead I am in a hole down by the cemetary by Merck for this photo. Who ever thought we be so excited about a hole in the ground !?!? :). The hole for the foundation for our new home has been dug and after this pic the foundation has been poured. Yeah!! It has been warm enough for the builder to move forward. We are looking forward to August 1st, our planned closing date. It will be nicer to be closer to both our work offices. Although there is a cemetary on one end of the subdivision - our lot is on the opposite end...so I don't have to see gravestones when I look out the window and Jim can still have some quiet neighbors in the area.It is a four bedroom, 2 1/2 bath layout, with an unfinished basement (perfect for Jim's gym at home :)..) and a great bumpout in the garage. We have also chosen most of our color options. The exterior will be a light, creamy yellow siding, with white trim and shaker slate accents, with a midnight blue color for the door and shutters. We will go with a neutral color scheme inside - Jim will paint the interior before we move in - probably a light yellow color (so that we can get an eggshell or satin finish with the paint - even with an upgraded paint, the builder will only do a flat finish, which is totally not going to work for us). We will have a light reddish cabinet color and ash black granite countertop in the kitchen. Brushed nickel hardware.
The entry way, dining room and living room / study will have a hardwood flooring. Sometime in the next month or so, we will choose our carpet and vinyl flooring (the new fancy name for linoleum) in the kitchen :).
The pics below are from the Model Home, not ours since it obviously still a concrete hole in the ground. The pics show the general layout of our home will look like - you can see the construction crew's presence.


3 comments:
That is one great looking hole in the ground if I have ever seen one!
How exciting! We can't wait to see pictures of the real your house.
Seeing the pictures of the both of you sure makes us miss you. Sonja is actually down in Texas this week visiting her sister so I am with the kids for a few days.
Love you both and thanks for staying in touch through pictures and blogs!
love,
KSkab
Congratulations! I can just imagine you making your house a home, Anne! We send you both our best!
You house is going to be so nice. I can't wait to see the finished product
Post a Comment